Thursday, February 5, 2009

Privilege by Kate Brian

Ariana's back.
Let's step into the fence of the Brenda T. Trumbull Correctional Facility for a second: the baggy prison clothes, the psychotic therapist, the fattening food, the dog. I bet your thinking why is sweet innocent well-educated Ariana there. Well, Ariana isn't that girl you thought she was. She's a murder. Ariana was taken to the Brenda T. because she murdered Thomas Pearson and attempted to murder Thomas's girlfriend Reed when she found out it was Ariana.

Ariana's been locked up for 2 years. Her cellmate Kaitlynn is the sweetest most innocent girl Ariana knows and Ariana has no clue how Kaitlynn could be put in the Brenda T. for being framed for the murder of the best friend's dad.

Ariana will do anything to get out and stay out. On the day that the inmates get to go out and watch the fireworks over Lake Page Ariana plans to slip out underneath a hole in the fence where she constantly threw food so that Rambo, the psychotic therapist's (Dr. Meloni's) dog, could dig the hole so that Ariana could slip through while everyone was occupied by the fireworks. Who knows if this plan will actually work but Ariana is hoping that it will and that she will never have to be in the Brenda T. again.

Well, this is my favorite series ever it even tops Twilight. Yes this series is that good. If your looking at them on the shelves and you haven't read one yet and you think that look majorly cliquish or gossip girly, and you don't like those books let me just tell you they are nothing like those books. These books are pretty much about girls who have a lot of money and who go to private school, but one little thing is different from the rest of the private schools and Easton Academy, Easton deals with several murders.

When my sister sent me a text with the picture of my book in it I literally screamed. I was really excited to read it, I refused to read anyone's review on it (no offense) because I wanted to figure it all out on my own. I actually held off about a month and didn't read a word of any other reviews on this, and let me say I'm glad I did held off because some of the things were pretty shocking and it was so much better finding those things out on my own. This month the next in the series comes out! It's called Paradise Lost and it looks just so amazing. Paradise Lost comes out on the 24th. When I get Paradise Lost I will surly be walking out of Borders with the biggest grin on my face.

Kate Brian has written several other books such as Fake Boyfriend, Sweet 16, Private Series, Megan Meade's Guide to the McGowan Boys, The Virginity Club, Lucky T, The Princess & the Pauper, and the NEW Privilege series. Kate Brian isn't her real name though. Her Real name is Keiran Scott. She wrote Geek Magnet and the Non-blonde Cheerleader series under her real name. I haven't gotten to read the non-blonde cheerleader series because I only have a non-blonde cheerleader in love but I'm going to get the rest of the series because it is sure to be a great book like all her others.

6 comments:

  1. I loved Kate's book LUCKY T and THE PRINCESS AND THE PAUPER--both amazingly good! I always was under the impression these books were trashy, but I might just give them a chance...Great review, lots of good info! (:

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad your giving them a chance, they are not at all trashy. I got my sister to read them and she hates trashy books and she loved them. I haven't read those two yet but I'll look for them at borders.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the Private series. I haven't read them all yet. I feel like I'm saving some for a day when there are no new Private novels. Hopefully that day will never come.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just seen my friend reading this one today! I think Im going to get it from her when shes finished!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Whoa, thanks for giving out the location to our favorite bookstore Lou. And, yes. Boo to trashy books!

    FYI- You give away too much in your summary. You're not retelling it all, just enough to get people interested. ALSO, her real name is Kieran Scott. You make it sound like Kate Brian is her real name. And, sometimes your sentences don't make sense. Punctuation is your friend.

    Also, I'm thinking you can get the series books by KB/KS and I'll get stand alones...deal? That means I get Geek Magnet when it comes out in PB. I need that anyways. It's the story of my life! (VOLDY!)

    ReplyDelete