Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Pretty Little Dirty by Amanda Boyden

Lisa thinks the life of her best friend Celeste is perfect. Sha has two sisters that help show her the way through High School, parents who care, and a big house. Lisa on the other hand has a younger brother who won't be any help guiding her through High School since he hasn't finished the experience yet, a mother who is mute and doesn't leave her room (and ends up going to somewhere with doctors that can take care of her), a father who doesn't really talk with her much, a medium sized house. Lisa pretty much moves in with the Diamonds and soaks in their normal family life of sitting down for dinners and talking.

When Celeste and Lisa go back to the Art Instutute over the summer the get to see Ess and meet Hank. But when the girls go over to Hank's house they get into some pretty bad drugs. They do that stuff pretty much all summer and almost the whole school year.

When the girls go to college they don't stop doing the drugs, the drugs just get worse than they already were. Celeste and Lisa agree to keep contact with eachother and call each other like 6 days a week. Celeste invites Lisa to go to California for Christmas instead of going home to Kansas City. While in California Lisa gets her first taste of how Celeste has been living since the beginning of the year.

I thought it was ok. I didn't like it as much as I like other books, the girls were a little over the top for me. The book was based in the 1970's so the girls weren't as up to date as other girls in books. I almost gave up reading this book a few times. But I can never do that for some strange reason I always want to at least finish it to see how it turns out in the end. So, I didn't really like it but if you want to try reading it go for it but, unless you like books like what I just described, I don't really suggest you read it.

2 comments:

  1. I love the cover. Thanks for the honest review!


    I have an award for you at my blog. :D

    http://michelle-thebookjunkie.blogspot.com/2009/04/sunday-wrap-up-awards.html#comments

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE THIS BOOK. this is my all time favorite book

    ReplyDelete