Thursday, April 2, 2009

Soccer, school, etc...

Sorry no posts lately. I've been really busy with middle school soccer and trying (but not succeeding) to get all my school work done.

Soccer news:
So I might have broken a bone in my foot which means I might be out for the rest of the spring season which will really suck so if I am out for the season I'll be pretty much hanging around middle school practices and going to games and going to Teal Wave games, too. I get my MRI Monday to see if it is broken so I'm crossing my fingers and hoping I'll get the okay to play from the doctors and I'll be out on the field with the girls soon. Although if I do need to get a cast or whatever then I will still be able to go with the team to away games and cheer my team on to victory. Although I don't think my foot is that bad I have a feeling it is just a tissue bruise.

Book news:
Recently I got and ARC of Bloodhound by Tamora Pierce which is the second book in a series. The first one is Terrier. I haven't gotten Terrier yet but I'm looking forward to getting it so that I can read Bloodhound which I got from Random House (and took forever to get to my house). The book is pretty think but summer is coming up so I'll have plenty of time to read. Also I'd like to say that the book is coming out on the ninth of this month so if you want to get it you can get it in stores that day. Anyway, I'm on page 310 of Pretty Little Dirty and am almost done so that review should be up shortly.

Summer news:
My sister(Hillary) and I are planning on volunteering at the ASPCA to help out with the animals which should be fun. We will get to play with the animals and walk the dogs and do some dirty work and all of this will look good for colleges but that doesn't really matter, I think it would just be nice to help out the cute animals. If that sounds fun to you then you should check out your local animal shelter and volunteer to help out if you have extra time. Also during the summer I'll have soccer camp for the high school and band camp also. Which reminds me there are only 41 days in school left for my district.

So that's about it for now. I'll keep posting as soon as I can. If I don't have time to post I'll try to make time, but if I can't make time then I guess I'll post when I can and read when I can.

3 comments:

  1. BAND CAMP is AWESOME!!!!!! If you don't know your music you'll die when you have to start marching. (Marching band is the BEST part of band.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh that's really cool that you'll be doing band camp. I've never actually done anything like that, but they go to band camp in Secret Life of the American Teenager, haha ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Band Camp isn't that kind of band camp. It's go for four hours, lunch break, four hours, dinner break, go until it's too dark to read our drill sheets. And then you throw in Soccer preseason and you get soccer, band, thirty minutes to eat and get to soccer, band, an hour for dinner and back to band. It's really fun IF you don't want to do anything else during those two weeks...like read.

    ANYWAYS...
    Haha, you didn't break your foot. You totally could have played Saturday. And stop telling people my possible summer plans.

    AND...
    I finished reading Life As We Knew It. The Ending was AWESOME...but the rest was okay. It took forever to read it. And now I have to read, like, four books in the next week so I can have the reviews out when they're released. Thanks Lou....

    ReplyDelete