Saturday, June 13, 2009

Ever After by Rachel Vail

Molly and Vicky have been best friends since they were really little. Until Grace comes it's good and the girls are having fun. Vicky doesn't trust Grace and doesn't get along with her because she thinks that Grace will leave them like their other friend left them.

Grace on the other hand doesn't understand why Vicky doesn't like her. Grace didn't force Molly to change. She didn't force Molly to steal the lifesavers or any other things. She didn't beg Jason to like her.

Vicky is getting upset because she feels like Molly is leaving her for Grace. Vicky also thinks that Molly has a crush on Henry, Vicky's brother and Molly's saxophone teacher, because she talks to him a lot and Henry thinks that Molly likes him too.

A lot changes on the day of Vicky's birthday party too. Henry's girlfriend and Grace get into this disgusting conversation at dinner and end up ruining Vicky's birthday dinner. Vicky storms up to her room and doesn't want to talk to anyone even Molly because she feels that Molly is turning on her. After Molly and Vicky get everything talked out Molly tells Grace she has to appologize to Vicky so she does and the girls end up doing something really bad.

I thought the book was okay. I would have been more interested if I was about two years younger. I would definitely say that this book is for younger audiences because it is about 8th graders well actually freshmen and it is over their summer before freshmen year. If you like reading about younger girls or girls your age getting into sort of fights then you might like this book but otherwise I would say not to go out and buy it if you like to read about girls older than you. The book is 171 pages. If I would have known that it was about 13-14 year old girls I probably would have never picked up the book because I'm going to be a freshman this year and I'd really rather not read about what is going on in my life and I would probably rather not look back on some of these kinds of things if I was older.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the review. It kind of sounds a bit like Judy Blume's Just As Long As We're Together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. what does molly loke like please?

    ReplyDelete