Sunday, August 23, 2009

Midnight Reflections by Katrina Michaels

Tara never asked to be a vampire. Actually she never even thought about it. Everything changes when Tara and Michael get into a fight about why Michael wants to be with her. When Tara wakes up from her three days of "sleep" she doesn't know what happened to her and why she is a vampire. To protect her sire, Alexander, Tara might just have to kill someone.

Tara becomes aware of the murders happening in her town when one of her close friends is murdered. Tara is determined to find out who is doing this and put an end to it. When she decides to get involved she doesn't realize the killer will decide to start toying with her. Tara is the only victim who doesn't look like the others though. Tara thought that if she just did a little investigating she might be able to get out if she wanted to but she's completely wrong. This just turned into a game of cat and mouse for Tara and the murderer.

Tara didn't get involved for nothing though. She simply wasn't satisfied with how quickly the investigations were moving. So she decided it would be fine to investigate herself and go to the police or the paranormal investigations. For a new vampire Tara is very bold. Like any parent Alexander doesn't approve of his second living childe getting involved. Tara just might be the asset to the investigation.

I thought this books was good. I probably wouldn't have picked it up in a bookstore. The cover wasn't very appealing. I'm not trying to say that the cover is everything it's just everyone judges a book by it's cover. I wouldn't say it's like Twilight at all for all you Twilight fans. First of all the vampires were like they are usually thought of in real life , they can't go out in sunlight, good sense of smell, all that stuff. It wasn't a love story, I'm not sure how I would explain it actually. I think Katrina did a great job. I will definitely read her next books.

When Katrina contacted me she said that she wouldn't really call it YA because of swearing and a lot of gore. I think that it is YA though. I would recommend it to YA readers and Adult readers. I recommended it to someone on Goodreads because they were looking for good vampire books. So I guess that proves that I would actually recommend it to people. As long as you don't have a weak stomach it's a great read. It's 284 pages. You can find it at Barnes&Noble or on Amazon.com.

1 comment:

  1. I'm reading this now so your review was especially interesting. Great job!

    ReplyDelete